Yes, Chevron takes EBT as of 2022.
Headquartered in San Ramon, California, Chevron, the energy industry company is the second largest of its type in the entire United States. It also adds up to the list of the largest oil companies in the whole world. Within the United States, Chevron has more than 5000 gas stations and all of them have Chevron convenience stores connected with them too.
Now that you know Chevron takes EBT, you must remember that it accepts EBT at selected locations only. Also, it does NOT take EBT for fueling the gasoline in your vehicle. And even for the locations that do take EBT, it’s only for the purchase of items that have been approved by the USDA government for the SNAP program.
Do gas stations take EBT? Yes, although there are only a few gas stations that take EBT as compared to those that don’t, yes, you may find some gas stations nearby you that accept EBT as a form of payment for the gasoline fill-up in your vehicle.
Our article further focuses on what you can buy with EBT and what you cannot, what other payments are acceptable, and more about the use of EBT at Chevron.
What are SNAP Benefits?
SNAP is one of the Nutrition assistance programs that are provided by the federal government. An Electronic Benefits Transfer card is used by the SNAP program to provide benefits to low-income families and individuals. In authorized retail food stores, you can use this card like a debit card.
Children, the elderly, and people with disabilities make up most of the participants in the program. According to an estimate, 86 percent of all SNAP benefits are distributed to households with children, the elderly, or disability-afflicted persons.
Does Chevron Take Apple Pay?
Yes, With Chevron, you can use Apple Pay at any of its 5000 locations across the United States. Most of the other gas stations do not take Apple Pay, and even if they do, it’s not possible at all of their locations. But, for Chevron, no matter what location you’re at, you’ll always have the option of paying through your Apple Pay.
Does Chevron Take EBT Online?
No, Chevron does not take EBT online.
Although you can order groceries and other stuff online from Chevron, Instacart, or some other online retailer, payment through EBT is not possible in this case. You’ll have to either opt for cash payment or you may use a credit/debit card for your online orders.
Chevron Policy on EBT
Here are the four important points that make Chevron’s policy on EBT.
- With EBT, you can only purchase items that classify as SNAP-approved items by the USDA government. This basically counts in the grocery and food items.
- Items that do not classify as SNAP-approved items must be bought through some alternate payment method such as cash, Mastercard, etc.
- Pickup and delivery services are available with Chevron, but an EBT card cannot be used for the payment. Weekend pickup and delivery are not included.
- For the return or exchange of purchased items, you have a time period of 90 days after the purchase. In case of a refund, you will receive the amount in the same medium you paid in. If you paid through EBT, the amount would be refunded to your EBT account.
What Can You Buy with EBT at Chevron?
Here are the things or items you can buy with EBT at Chevron.
- All the Non-alcoholic beverages
- Fruits and vegetables
- Dairy items such as milk, yogurt
- Bakery items, bread, and cereals.
- Protein Powder
- Cooking oils
- Soft and energy drinks
- Pork products
- Poultry, fish, and meat
- Plants and seeds that produce food
- Candies and snacks
- Fresh, frozen, and canned products
What Can’t You Buy with EBT at Chevron?
Here are the items you cannot buy with EBT at Chevron.
- Medicines, vitamins, and supplements.
- Cigarettes, Drugs, and Tobacco containing products
- Hot prepared food
- Live animals
- Household items
- Sanitary products
- Hygiene related products
- Cleaning supplies
- Pet foods
- Skincare products and cosmetics
What Other Payment Methods are accepted at Chevron?
Other than EBT, here are some other payment methods acceptable at Chevron.
- Visa card
- American Express
- Most major debit cards are accepted.
- Texaco / Chevron gift card
- Venmo (Chevron’s own payment app)
- Most major credit cards are accepted.
- Samsung Pay
- Google Pay
- Apple Pay
How to Use EBT Card at Chevron?
With your shopped items, move towards the cashier and have your EBT card swiped at the Point-of-Sale terminal. You’ll be asked to enter your EBT Pin number, and upon entering it, the amount for your purchased items will be added by the cashier. Upon confirming the amount by pressing ‘Ok’ or ‘Enter’, you’ll get a bill paid from your card.
EBT card would be returned to you along with a payment receipt that would have your remaining EBT balance mentioned on it.
Other Grocery Stores that Accept EBT
These are some major grocery stores in the United States that accept EBT.
What Gas Stations Accept EBT Near Me?
Here’s a list of all the gas stations in the United States that take EBT. You’ll be able to easily find many of these around you.
Does Chevron Take EBT – FAQs
We’re happy to inform our readers that you may use EBT at Chevron. Just make sure you separate the SNAP-eligible and non-eligible items when you have more to pay. EBT will of course be the payment method for eligible items. But for the non-eligible items, you must choose some other payment method.